RailsWA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any sign of NR35 being worked on

2 posters

Go down

Any sign of NR35 being worked on  Empty Re: Any sign of NR35 being worked on

Post  Peter Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks that is great news , some thing I dont think many knew ,, It will be like a new one when its back on the track ,,, even though the frame is a repaired one ..and MR Pacific rail will be choofed as well with a new loco (well used one like new )
and in answer to your question NO i have not ever been there but one day perhaps .

But Thanks for you speedy reply .
Peter
Peter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Peter wrote:Thanks for the quick reply but my question was has any one sighted work happening or what is happening to it or its behing closed doors and nothing visible ...I am only curious ..
THanks
I dont know if you have ever been to UGR Bassendean it is being rebuilt in the large erecting shed where the CM40-8s, P, and NRs were built. It is difficult to see into the building but it is common knolledge what is being done new bogies, frame staigtening, heavy frame repairs, complete cab rebuild [probably new cab cheaper], heavy engine repair just about anything you can think of needs some attention. Remember it hit the water at over 90kmh and came off, there was water and mud everywhere that does engines and electrics no good it has also sat out in the open for over a year.

Admin
Admin

https://railswa.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Any sign of NR35 being worked on  Empty work on NR 35

Post  Peter Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:25 am

Thanks for the quick reply but my question was has any one sighted work happening or what is happening to it or its behing closed doors and nothing visible ...I am only curious ..
THanks
Peter
Peter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 am

Peter wrote:Just curious can any sign be seen that NR35 is being repaired as yet ...?? scratch
NR35 is under repair/rebuilding at URG Bassendean work being undertaken for last couple of months

Admin
Admin

https://railswa.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Any sign of NR35 being worked on  Empty Any sign of NR35 being worked on

Post  Peter Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:59 am

Just curious can any sign be seen that NR35 is being repaired as yet ...?? scratch
Peter
Peter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum